Benefits of a Whole Home Surge Protector
A whole house surge protector from Eaton offers several benefits that can help protect your home’s electrical system and electronic devices from damage caused by electrical surges. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Comprehensive protection: Unlike individual surge protectors that you plug into outlets, a whole house surge protector is installed at the main electrical panel. This means it protects all the electrical devices and appliances throughout your entire home, including those that can’t be plugged into individual surge protectors.
- Level of Surge Protection: The Eaton Complete Home Surge Protection provides 108,000 amps of surge protection.
- Safeguards expensive electronics: Many modern homes have a plethora of electronic devices such as computers, TVs, home theaters, gaming consoles, smart appliances, and more. A whole house surge protector shields these expensive electronics from sudden voltage spikes, extending their lifespan and reducing the risk of costly repairs or replacements.
- Protects against external surges: External surges can result from lightning strikes or power grid issues. A whole house surge protector is designed to handle larger surges from external sources, offering superior protection compared to individual surge protectors.
- Protection against internal surges: Every time your major appliances switch on or off, small transient voltage disturbances are created that can wear down your connected appliances and equipment over time. Having a surge protector helps to smooth out and remove these disturbances, leading to a general increase in equipment longevity.
- Reduces fire risk: Electrical surges can lead to overheating and electrical fires. By preventing voltage spikes from reaching your devices, a whole house surge protector helps reduce the risk of electrical fires, enhancing overall safety in your home.
- Enhances insurance coverage: Some insurance companies offer discounts on homeowners’ insurance premiums if a whole house surge protector is installed. This is because the protector reduces the likelihood of electrical-related damage, leading to fewer insurance claims.
- Easy maintenance: Once installed, whole house surge protectors requires little to no maintenance! Unlike individual surge protectors, which may need periodic replacement or monitoring, whole house surge protectors are usually long-lasting and low-maintenance. Proper continuing operation of the surge protection system is easily verified by the presence of two green lights on the surge unit. Call us if one of the lights ever goes out.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your entire home is protected against electrical surges can provide peace of mind, especially during stormy weather or when you’re away from home.
- Connected equipment warranty: If items in your home are ever damaged despite the protection offered by the surge protector, Eaton provides a connected equipment coverage policy that typically pays all your out-of-pocket expenses for your home insurance claim deductible, up to $75,000. We can assist with filing the claim, or you can talk to EatonCare directly at (1-877-ETN-CARE), Option #2, Option #1. It’s best to go through us so we can help expedite your claim.
- One-time Payment: Instead of having your utility sign you up for their surge protector with a monthly subscription, you can have a one-and-done worry-free investment!
It’s important to note that while whole house surge protectors offer significant protection, they may not be able to handle extremely powerful surges, such as those caused by direct lightning strikes. In such cases, additional protective measures may be necessary, such as unplugging sensitive electronics during severe storms.
Starting at $600
What Mike Holmes Says